Clean out the garage. Wash the windows. Dust the blinds. Shampoo the carpets. Service the HVAC unit. That’s right. Service your air conditioning unit. This spring, as you make your cleaning list, be sure to include this important task. This will ensure your unit is ready for a summer of hard work keeping you cool. Failing to have it professionally serviced could lead to costly air conditioning repair in Polk County, TN. To keep things running smoothly, make sure the following regular maintenance is completed.
- Let it breathe: A dirty filter makes your unit work harder. To extend the life of your air conditioner, replace the filter regularly. This also keeps the air inside your home cleaner. A professional technician can train you in how to do this if you are not familiar with the process. They can also recommend what type of filter is best for your unit.
- Grease it up: If you don’t take your car in for regular oil changes, it won’t be traveling for long. A similar principle applies with your HVAC unit. It includes many moving parts, which need lubrication. This decreases friction and increases your system’s efficiency. It ensures parts do not come in contact with each other, which would cause them to wear out quickly. Your technician will lubricate all moving parts to keep things running smoothly.
- Start your engine: The start-up and shut-down cycles must work properly for you to experience the right amount of cool. Checking these for proper operations is an important item on your spring checklist. These cycles are controlled by thermostat settings. A professional service call includes a check to verify that changes in temperature are signaling the proper start or stop of operation.
- Take your temperature: As part of your spring service call, your technician will check your thermostat settings to ensure proper functioning. A programmable thermostat is a great way to save money and cool your home efficiently with less hassle. If your HVAC system does not already have one, a technician can easily install one for you.
- Run a tight ship: Loose or broken connections in the wiring of your unit can spell disaster. Your air conditioner should be inspected for solid electrical connections. A technician can also test the voltage on all components to ensure the electrical system is running properly. This regular service will keep your unit operating safely and efficiently.
- Clear the way! Your HVAC unit includes a condenser drain that must be able to remove condensation from the system. If this drain is obstructed, you and your unit will be unhappy. Water damage, mold, and high humidity are the results. A spring inspection should include clearing away anything that may obstruct this drainage.
Check this off your list
As you complete your cleaning list this spring, check this item off with a visit from Higdon Heating & Air LLC. A professional technician can provide regular service checks and take care of all your needs for air conditioning repair in Polk County, TN. You can do the windows.