If you see flames, you call the fire department. If you see a car accident, you call for an ambulance. If you see a burglar, you call the police. These 911 calls are fairly obvious. When should you dial an HVAC expert? Look for the following signs that you need emergency air conditioning repair in Polk County, TN.
- Full of hot air: Is your unit running full blast but still failing to cool your home? Does the air coming out of your vents feel too warm? If the air isn’t as cold as it should be, your unit is most likely in need of serious repair. Your unit’s compressor may be dead. Or its Freon may be low. Act quickly, because this issue could be the end of your unit’s life.
- No flow: If the air is cool, but is not flowing as forcefully as it should, call for reinforcements. Weak air flow is a sign your unit’s compressor is failing. It could also be problems with your duct work. Either way, a professional technician should diagnose the problem and make necessary repairs. Having your duct work cleaned regularly is a good way to keep airflow unobstructed.
- Multiple climates: Does your living room feel like Antarctica but stepping into your den is like walking in the Sahara? Inconsistent cooling throughout your house is a sign of thermostat issues. The rest of the unit is typically fine. To verify the problem and get your thermostat reading properly again, contact an HVAC technician right away.
- Moisture messes: Water around your system usually indicates one of two problems. If the liquid is refrigerant, this is a serious health risk and should be repaired immediately. All coolant issues must be handled by professionals. The other possibility is blocked drainage. If the condensation from your unit is not draining properly, the moisture can result in mold, water damage or high humidity levels, which is another reason to contact a professional.
- HVAC monster: Does your unit wake you in the night with growling, squealing or grinding sounds? This is no monster under your bed. It’s a sign that you need call for to repairs. These noises can indicate broken bearings, a slipped belt or low lubrication. Call a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
- Nose pincher: Unpleasant aromas emitting from your unit should not be ignored. A foul smell can indicate burned out wire insulation. If mold has grown inside your unit or in the ductwork, a musty smell is usually present. Either situation requires repairs. Whatever the odor, call a professional technician to take care of the issue right away.
Back-up is available
If you experience any of these situations, don’t hesitate to call for back-up. These issues can result in anything from complete unit failure to hazardous conditions for you and your family. Acting quickly can prevent further damage and costly repairs. Save money and ensure your safety by calling for emergency air conditioning repair Polk County TN. The experienced and professional technicians at Higdon Heating & Air LLC are ready to answer your call.