Are you in need of HVAC maintenance or installation? You may be in the market to hire an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN. Finding an HVAC contractor may seem like a daunting task with so many companies offering heating and cooling services in your area. Knowing what qualities to look for in your next HVAC contractor will make your service painless and simple. Here are five qualities you’ll want to look for:
- Reputation and certification: You will want to look for an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN that has a good reputation. Do your research by checking reviews on websites such as the Better Business Bureau, which rates companies on a scale from A+ to F. You will also want to make sure your HVAC contractor has technicians certified by North American Technician Excellence. This will ensure you have technicians working on your HVAC system who are efficient, knowledgeable and professional. The HVAC contractor might also be a member of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America, a respected professional association within the industry.
- Personal inspections before estimates: Look for a contractor who will come to your home and do an inspection before they give you an estimate. Be wary of contractors who want to give you a quote over the phone. You will want someone who has surveyed your HVAC equipment personally to determine what is wrong and who can give you a definite quote for how much your repairs or maintenance will cost.
- Knowledgeable on new equipment: Any HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN that you select should be familiar with the latest energy efficient equipment on the market. A contractor that sways you from purchasing the highest efficiency HVAC system is probably not up to date with the procedures to install this equipment and is doing you a disservice. Knowledgeable HVAC contractors will know how to install new energy efficient units and will also be able to estimate your home’s annual energy costs for any equipment you want to install.
- Avoid the lowest price: If the price quoted by your HVAC contractor seems too good to be true, it probably is. A contractor who is offering rock bottom prices may be unlicensed and uninsured. They could install your equipment improperly, causing you headaches—and further expense—down the road. Select two to three quality contractors based on the qualifications listed here and then look at price to make your final decision on whom to hire.
- Local and established offices: Choose a contractor who has a local office or shop that you are able to visit. An established place of business will give you peace of mind that an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN will be able to guarantee their work and honor any warranties that they claim to offer.
By sticking to these qualities in an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN, you will be more likely to have a good experience when you need service or a new installation for your heating or air conditioning system. To schedule installation, maintenance or repairs for your HVAC system, call Higdon Heating & Air LLC today. Our company has been in business for more than 30 years with a team of fully licensed technicians, and we look forward to assisting you.