While next winter may be a long way off, now is the time to think about repairing your furnace. Don’t wait until the cold weather hits to call for furnace repair in Polk County, TN—you will most likely experience long wait times, as everyone else who’s put off calling for repairs will also be doing so on that first cold day. Be prepared and get a jump on winter before the need for furnace repair leaves you in the cold by using these signs as an indication that your furnace is in need of a tune-up:
- Carbon monoxide leaks: A very dangerous sign that your furnace needs repair is carbon monoxide leaks. This colorless and odorless gas can go undetected, but will often make a person feel sleepy or like they have the flu. Your furnace is the most common source of carbon monoxide leaks, as a broken or malfunctioning unit may have a cracked heat exchanger or poorly operating burner. Calling for furnace repair in Polk County, TN, can assure you that your furnace is operating properly, greatly reducing the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Higher energy bills: A sign that you will be sure to see is an unusually large increase in your energy bill. This is an obvious indication that something is wrong with your furnace, as it signals that your furnace is working too hard or running more than usual. This can be caused by clogged or dirty air vents or dirty filters. Don’t assume that high bill is due to an increase in gas prices—get your furnace looked at right away.
- Uneven temperature: Maybe your furnace is not heating your home up to the desired temperature or maintaining an even temperature. Your furnace may be cycling on or off, creating inconsistent air flow, which can create a cold house. The cause may be a broken or malfunctioning furnace with a poorly working blower or clogged furnace filter. You will want to call for furnace repair in Polk County, TN.
- Retaining efficiency: Your furnace may seem like it is operating properly, but in reality it may be losing its efficiency. This will cause your furnace to work harder to keep your home warm. Not only will this raise your energy bill, but it will also create wear and tear on your furnace unit. Schedule repairs now to ensure that your furnace is operating at its maximum potential.
- Malfunctioning components: If you have a broken component but you are still able to run your furnace, you may run into repairs that cost you more than expected if you wait to fix what’s broken. A malfunctioning component could get worse and spread to other components in your furnace. By neglecting these small repairs, your furnace could shut down when you really need it the most. Get your furnace looked at before these minor repairs turn into something major.
Now is the time to make that call for furnace repair in Polk County, TN. You may remember your furnace acting up last winter and you certainly don’t want to experience any problems on that first cold day of the year. Call Higdon Heating & Air LLC for residential, commercial and industrial HVAC service. Our local, family-owned company specializes in sales, repairs and maintenance of heating and air conditioning services.