If your home benefits from central air conditioning in the summer time, it’s time to start thinking about what you can and should be doing to get your unit prepped for the season ahead. It’s best to take care of any essentials before the time comes when you’ll be relying on the unit more often than not!
Getting on top of your air conditioning unit now will not only enable you to cross any maintenance off of your spring cleaning checklist, it’ll also help you detect and prevent any issues that might otherwise lead to the need for air conditioning repair in Polk County, TN later on in the season.
Perhaps the best thing you can do when it comes to prepping your unit for summer is to call a technician and request that they swing by your home to provide startup services. Startup services are a collection of essential springtime services that will serve to kick the dust off of your unit and get it back into full working order for the foreseeable future, until you’re done with it again at the end of the year! Take a look at what startup services usually entail and why they’re so important:
- First and foremost, you’re going to get a new air filter or, at the very least, have your existing filter cleaned. A clean filter is your first line of defense against contaminants that can lower your air quality or embed themselves in your system, causing future failures.
- Condenser and evaporator coils will need to be inspected and cleaned before the unit swings into operation for the year.
- All condensate components will be inspected and serviced to ensure there are no root problems originating here.
- Electrical controls and connections will be tested and inspected. This is where a large majority of problems develop, so having an annual inspection at the beginning of the season will ensure problems are thwarted before they have a chance to come to fruition.
- All of the moving parts and pieces of your system will need to be inspected, lubricated and tested to make sure they’re in full working order. Fittings should also be checked to make sure they’re not compromised.
When these above basic items are inspected, tested and serviced, an HVAC contractor will cycle your entire system to a) make sure it’s in top working order, b) ensure there’s good communication with your home’s thermostat and c) to “kick the dust” off of the unit and get it familiar with working for the first time this season.
By taking the time to schedule an appointment for startup services at the beginning of the season, you’ll be taking a huge step towards mitigating the need for air conditioning repair in Polk County, TN. Putting the work and investment into your unit now means peace of mind when you’re relying on it for weeks straight, in the midst of a scorching Tennessee heat wave!