While we are at the tail end of summer, those cool fall days are not far behind. Soon enough you will be starting your furnace up to keep your home warm in the cold weather. Are you ready? More importantly, is your furnace ready? Having an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN perform a maintenance check of your furnace in the fall can make sure you’re ready to rely on your heating system all winter. Here are some things an HVAC contractor will do during your fall furnace maintenance check:
- Tighten connections: Having an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN come look at your furnace before the cold weather hits is a good idea, as they will check that all the gas and electrical connections are secure. This will ensure your heating system operates correctly and is safe for use throughout the winter.
- Examine pressures: All of the operational pressures will be checked on your furnace and heating system. You will want these looked at to maintain an efficient system through the winter and make certain you don’t have an unexpected breakdown.
- Grease parts: To ensure proper lubrication, an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN will grease all the parts that move throughout your heating unit. This will reduce any friction that could occur, which causes parts to wear and stop working. This is just another way to make sure your furnace is in good working order.
- Clean condenser coil: Any dirt and dust that built up on your condenser coil will be cleaned and removed. This will give your condenser coil a good start to the winter and maintain its efficiency while in use.
- Check thermostat: It is also important that your thermostat is checked to see if it is operating correctly. An HVAC contractor will also do this during your fall maintenance check. They will make sure all settings and functions are working and are accurate.
- Replace air filter: Your furnace air filter will be replaced during this maintenance check. While this is a good time to replace the filter, it is something that you should do on a regular basis on your own. Keep this in mind throughout the lifespan of your furnace, as the filter keeps the air going into your home clean.
- Clean blower: An HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN will also be sure to clean the blower assembly of your heating system. This will give you optimal performance when the system is in use.
Having a fall maintenance checkup of your heating system can minimize breakdowns during the winter when you need your furnace the most. Scheduling an inspection with an HVAC contractor in Polk County, TN now will make sure your heating system is ready to go that first cold day. For your fall maintenance checkup, contact Higdon Heating & Air LLC. We are experts in heating and cooling, with nearly 30 years of experience in the repair, maintenance and installation of residential, commercial and industrial HVAC systems. Call today to schedule a visit!