Keeping your air conditioner running is an important part of maintaining your comfort in the warm weather months. If your air conditioner starts to act up, you may be in need of air conditioning repair in Cleveland, TN to get it back to its optimal operating condition. Watch for these signs in your air conditioner to determine if repairs are necessary:
- Poor airflow: When it seems like your air conditioner is just not providing enough air flow throughout your home, this can indicate that you need to have air conditioning repair in Cleveland, TN. Poor airflow is a sign of your compressor failing, or it could be as simple as an obstruction in your ductwork. By having repairs, you can ensure that all the rooms in your home get the proper airflow they need and stay comfortable when you run your air conditioner this summer.
- No cold air: If your air conditioner is just not producing any cold air, you will want to have it checked by an HVAC service, as this is a signal that your refrigerant levels are low or that your compressor has failed. Both require repairs to get your air conditioner pumping cold air again and ensure it works properly during the cooling season.
- Moisture is present: When you see moisture around your air conditioner, you will want to have air conditioning repair in Cleveland, TN as soon as possible. Your drain tube could simply be blocked, or in a more extreme situation, the refrigerant is leaking out of your air conditioner. This can be a dangerous situation and needs to be attended to as soon as possible to stop the leak and get your air conditioner operating normally again.
- Odd noises: Anytime you hear strange noises coming from your air conditioner, it is a sign that something is wrong. While noises can be symptomatic of several problems, if left unattended, they can develop into a real issue for you. Squeaks and squeals mean a belt needs to be replaced, while a grinding noise indicates likely parts damage due to excessive friction.
- Abnormal odors: Strange smells coming from your air conditioner can indicate that there is something wrong with the electrical components, and you should turn your air conditioner off immediately to avoid a fire. Burning smells mean your wiring has burned out and will need to be replaced to ensure your air conditioner works properly. Smells that are musty can mean that your ductwork needs a good cleaning, as there could be mold built up inside it. Both can be serviced by an HVAC company.
Watching for these signs in your air conditioner can help you avoid a major breakdown when using your cooling system. If you do notice any of these indicators, be sure to seek out air conditioning repair in Cleveland, TN, as you most definitely need service to alleviate these problems. For air conditioning repair, contact Higdon Heating & Air LLC. We offer 24/7 emergency repairs to get your cooling system up and running in no time.